Wednesday, October 22, 2014

The Cuckoo's Egg

Cyber security is becoming a bigger and bigger deal as our lives get more and more entwined with the internet. Over the last 5 years, we have been introduced to "The Cloud" and we are putting more and more information out there on it. There is also bank information, credit card information, and even locks and thermostats. Recently, there have been several breaches of information, where credit card numbers as well as scandalous photographs of high profile people were stolen. This breach of privacy and potential financial fraud could have been prevented. Often we think that such instances won't happen to us, so we become lazy and don't think about how were are protecting our vital information. This is what influenced me most about this book. It made me realize that I was one of the people that weren't overly concerned about the hacker. I have been lazy when it comes to protecting my online information. I am guilty when it comes to my own personal information. Lately I have been changing my passwords and been much more careful about where I put valuable information. It is something we all should be better at, so that we can prevent attacks and be more prepared when we are attacked.

No comments:

Post a Comment